The WCC is run by a steering committee. All members of the committee are very happy to be contacted about ideas for future activities, events, and your ideas for the future of the WCC. You can email us at womensclassicalcommittee [at] gmail.com.
- Dr Elena Theodorakopoulos, University of Birmingham – 2015 to April 2018
- Dr Amy Russell, University of Durham – 2015 to April 2019
- Dr Lucy Jackson, King’s College London (@LucyCMJackson) – 2015 to April 2018
- Dr Rosa Andujar, King’s College London – 2015 to April 2019
- Dr Victoria Leonard, Institute of Classical Studies, School of Advanced Study, University of London (@tigerlilyrocks) – 2016 to April 2020
- Dr Katherine Harloe, University of Reading (@KatherineHarloe) – 2016 to April 2020
- Claire Millington, King’s College London (@Claire_M) – April 2017 to April 2021 (co-chair from April 2019)
- Dr Susan Deacy, University of Roehampton – April 2017 to April 2021
- Dr Carol Atack, University of Oxford/University of Warwick (Treasurer) (@carolatack)
- Dr Liz Gloyn, Royal Holloway University of London (Administrator) (@lizgloyn)
The co-chair for the two years beginning in April 2018 will be nominated by the steering committee for approval at the 2018 AGM.
The WCC also has a number of liaison officers for different groups. All of us would welcome your input, including questions, concerns, ideas and any other thoughts. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- Dr Emma Bridges, Institute of Classical Studies (Part-time and alt-ac liaison) (@emmabridges)
- Dr Vicky Donnellan, British Museum (Part-time and alt-ac liaison) (@VickyDonnellan)
- Chloe Hixson, University College London (Disability liaison, post-grads)
- Dr Ellie Mackin, University of Leicester (Disability liaison, staff and post-PhD) (@EllieMackin)
- Dr Irene Salvo, University of Göttingen (LBGT+ liaison) (@IreneSlv)
- Mathura Umachandran, Princeton University (Ethnic minorities liaison)
- Sukanya Rai-Sharma, University of Oxford (Ethnic minorities liaison)
- Dr Jane Draycott, University of Glasgow (ECR liaison) (@JLDraycott)
- Dr. Kate Cook, University of Manchester (ECR liaison) (@KatExe)
- Dr Katherine McDonald, University of Exeter (ECR liaison, website and social media) (@Katherine_McDon)
- Rhiannon Easterbrook, University of Bristol (Graduate liaison) (@RigantonaE)
- Joanna Johnson, Head of Classics, Solihull School (Schools liaison)
- Prof. Amy Smith, University of Reading
- Dr. Virginia Campbell, University of Oxford (Elections officer) (@campbell798)
Joining the Steering Committee
Two new members are elected to the steering committee each year. The Elections officer seeks nominations for candidates from the membership in October and November; self-nominations are welcome. Voting opens in December and closes in February. The two candidates with the most votes are elected; the single candidate with the most votes will be elected co-chair. New steering committee members take up their positions formally at the April AGM each year and serve a term of four years. Steering committee members may serve two consecutive terms, but then must wait four years before standing again.
Liaisons volunteer to take up their positions, and serve a renewable two year term.
The Administrator and Treasurer serve five year renewable terms; they are nominated by the steering committee and voted for at the AGM.