The WCC UK is run by a steering committee. All members of the committee are very happy to be contacted about ideas for future activities, events, and your ideas for the future of the WCC UK. You can email us at womensclassicalcommittee [at] gmail.com.
- Ulriika Vihervalli, University of Liverpool (U.Vihervalli [@] liverpool.ac.uk) (@uvihervalli) – April 2020 to April 2024
- Cora Beth Fraser, Open University (@drcorabeth) – April 2021 to April 2025
- Victoria Leonard, Coventry University (victoria.leonard [at] coventry.ac.uk) (@tigerlilyrocks) – April 2020 to April 2024
- E-J Graham, Open University (emma-jayne.graham [@] open.ac.uk) (@e_jgraham) – April 2021 to April 2025
- Elena Giusti, University of Warwick (E.Giusti [@] warwick.ac.uk) (@ElenaGiusti7) – April 2022 to April 2026
- Stephe Harrop, Liverpool Hope University (harrops [at] hope.ac.uk) (@StepheHarrop) – April 2022 to April 2026
- Sarah Cullinan Herring, Oxford University – May 2023 to May 2027
- Laura Donati, Manchester University – May 2023 to May 2027
- Christine Plastow, Open University (Treasurer) (christine.plastow [@] open.ac.uk) (@chrissieplastow) – April 2020 to April 2025
- Laurence Totelin, Cardiff University (Administrator) (totelinlm [at] cardiff.ac.uk) (@ltotelin) – April 2022 to April 2027
The WCC UK also has a number of liaison officers for different groups. All of us would welcome your input, including questions, concerns, ideas and any other thoughts. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch
- Sukanya Rai-Sharma, University of Oxford (Ethnic minorities liaison)
- Rhiannon Easterbrook, independent (ECR liaison) (reasterbrook [at] protonmail.com)
- Rebecca Grose, University of York and Royal Holloway (ECR liaison) (rebecca.grose [at] rhul.ac.uk) (@becca_grose)
- Ellen Adams, KCL (Disability liaison)
- Katerina Velentza (Disability liaison) (katerina.archaeology [at] gmail.com)
- Yentl Love, Exeter (LBGT+ liaison)
- Alice Rae, Edinburgh (Graduate liaison)
- Eleanor Halstead (Schools liaison)
- Lenia Kouneni, St. Andrew’s (website and social media) (gk8 [@] st-andrews.ac.uk)
- Melissa Kays, University of York (website and social media)
- Cressida Ryan, University of Oxford (Joint Mentoring Officer) (cressida.ryan [at] gmail.com) (@CressidaRyan)
- Anna Judson, Durham University (Joint Mentoring Officer) (apj454 [at] gmail.com) (@annapjudson)
Current vacant liaison positions:
- Ethnic minorities liaison
- Graduate liaison
- Election officer
- Alt-ac and schools liaisons (2)
Joining the Steering Committee
Two new members are elected to the steering committee each year. The Elections officer seeks nominations for candidates from the membership in October and November; self-nominations are welcome. Voting opens in December and closes in February. The two candidates with the most votes are elected; the single candidate with the most votes will be elected co-chair. New steering committee members take up their positions formally at the April AGM each year and serve a term of four years. Steering committee members may serve two consecutive terms, but then must wait four years before standing again.
Liaisons volunteer to take up their positions, and serve a renewable two year term.
The Administrator and Treasurer serve five year renewable terms; they are nominated by the steering committee and voted for at the AGM.