The WCC UK is run by a steering committee. All members of the committee are very happy to be contacted about ideas for future activities, events, and your ideas for the future of the WCC UK. You can email us at womensclassicalcommittee [at] gmail.com.
- Laurence Totelin, Cardiff University – April 2018 to April 2022 (@ltotelin)
- April Pudsey, Manchester Metropolitan University – April 2019 to April 2023 (@AprilPudsey)
- Susan Deacy, University of Roehampton – April 2017 to April 2021
- Kate Cook, Durham University – January 2020 to April 2021 (@KatExe)
- Ellie Mackin Roberts, independent – April 2018 to April 2022 (@EllieMackin)
- Lizzie Lewis, The Lady Eleanor Holles School – April 2019 to April 2023
- Ulriika Vihervalli, University of Liverpool (@uvihervalli) – April 2020 to April 2024 (co-chair from April 2022)
- Victoria Leonard, Institute of Classical Studies, School of Advanced Study, University of London (@tigerlilyrocks) – April 2020 to April 2024
- Christine Plastow, Open University (Treasurer) (@chrissieplastow) – April 2020 to April 2025
- Liz Gloyn, Royal Holloway, University of London (Administrator) (@lizgloyn)
The WCC also has a number of liaison officers for different groups. All of us would welcome your input, including questions, concerns, ideas and any other thoughts. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- Amelia Dowler, British Museum (Alt-ac liaison) (@amelia_dowler)
- Lily Mac Mahon, Bloomsbury (Alt-ac liaison) (@lilymacmahon1)
- Irene Salvo, University of Göttingen (LBGT+ liaison) (@IreneSlv)
- Sukanya Rai-Sharma, University of Oxford (Ethnic minorities liaison)
- Anna Judson, University of Cambridge (ECR liaison) (@annapjudson)
- Rhiannon Easterbrook, independent (ECR liaison)
- Eris Williams Reed, Durham University (Disability liaison)
- Manuela Irarrázabal Elliott, UCL (Disability liaison) (@m_dal_borgo)
- Kate Caraway, Liverpool (Graduate liaison)
- Virginia Campbell, independent (website and social media)
- Miller Power, Durham University (website and social media)
- Sophie Chavarria, Kent (website and social media)
- Cressida Ryan, University of Oxford (Joint Mentoring Officer) (@CressidaRyan)
- Manu Dal Borgo, University of Cambridge (Joint Mentoring Officer)
- Thea Lawrence, University of Nottingham (Elections Officer) (@TheaLawrence)
Current vacant liaison positions:
- Ethnic minorities liaison
- Schools liaison
Joining the Steering Committee
Two new members are elected to the steering committee each year. The Elections officer seeks nominations for candidates from the membership in October and November; self-nominations are welcome. Voting opens in December and closes in February. The two candidates with the most votes are elected; the single candidate with the most votes will be elected co-chair. New steering committee members take up their positions formally at the April AGM each year and serve a term of four years. Steering committee members may serve two consecutive terms, but then must wait four years before standing again.
Liaisons volunteer to take up their positions, and serve a renewable two year term.
The Administrator and Treasurer serve five year renewable terms; they are nominated by the steering committee and voted for at the AGM.