The WCC UK is run by a steering committee. All members of the committee are very happy to be contacted about ideas for future activities, events, and your ideas for the future of the WCC UK. You can email us at womensclassicalcommittee [at] gmail.com.
- April Pudsey, Manchester Metropolitan University – April 2019 to April 2023 (@AprilPudsey)
- Ulriika Vihervalli, University of Liverpool (@uvihervalli) – April 2020 to April 2024
- Lizzie Lewis, The Lady Eleanor Holles School – April 2019 to April 2023
- Victoria Leonard, Institute of Classical Studies, School of Advanced Study, University of London (@tigerlilyrocks) – April 2020 to April 2024
- Cora Beth Fraser, Open University (@drcorabeth) – April 2021 to April 2025 (co-chair from April 2023)
- E-J Graham, Open University (@e_jgraham) – April 2021 to April 2025
- Elena Giusti, University of Warwick (@ElenaGiusti7) – April 2022 to April 2026
- Stephe Harrop, Liverpool Hope University (@StepheHarrop) – April 2022 to April 2026
- Christine Plastow, Open University (Treasurer) (@chrissieplastow) – April 2020 to April 2025
- Laurence Totelin, Cardiff University (Administrator) (@ltotelin) – April 2022 to April 2027
The WCC UK also has a number of liaison officers for different groups. All of us would welcome your input, including questions, concerns, ideas and any other thoughts. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- Amelia Dowler, British Museum (Alt-ac liaison) (@amelia_dowler)
- Rhiannon Litterick, Sir John Soane’s Museum (Alt-ac liaison)
- Sukanya Rai-Sharma, University of Oxford (Ethnic minorities liaison)
- Rhiannon Easterbrook, independent (ECR liaison)
- Rebecca Grose, Royal Holloway (ECR liaison)
- Ellen Adams, KCL (Disability liaison)
- Yentl Love, Exeter (LBGT+ liaison)
- Alice Rae, Edinburgh (Graduate liaison)
- Jo Wynell-Mayow (Schools liaison)
- Eleanor Halstead (Schools liaison)
- Lenia Kouneni, St. Andrew’s (website and social media)
- Cressida Ryan, University of Oxford (Joint Mentoring Officer) (@CressidaRyan)
- Anna Judson, Durham University (Joint Mentoring Officer) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Thea Lawrence, University of Nottingham (Elections Officer) (@TheaLawrence)
Current vacant liaison positions:
- Ethnic minorities liaison
- Graduate liaison
- ECR liaison
- Website and social media
Joining the Steering Committee
Two new members are elected to the steering committee each year. The Elections officer seeks nominations for candidates from the membership in October and November; self-nominations are welcome. Voting opens in December and closes in February. The two candidates with the most votes are elected; the single candidate with the most votes will be elected co-chair. New steering committee members take up their positions formally at the April AGM each year and serve a term of four years. Steering committee members may serve two consecutive terms, but then must wait four years before standing again.
Liaisons volunteer to take up their positions, and serve a renewable two year term.
The Administrator and Treasurer serve five year renewable terms; they are nominated by the steering committee and voted for at the AGM.