The WCC is run by a steering committee. All members of the committee are very happy to be contacted about ideas for future activities, events, and your ideas for the future of the WCC. You can email the current chairs at womensclassicalcommittee [at] gmail.com.
- Dr Katherine Harloe, University of Reading (@KatherineHarloe) – 2015 to April 2017
- Dr Elena Theodorakopoulos, University of Birmingham – 2015 to April 2018
- Prof. Helen Lovatt, University of Nottingham (@HelenLovatt2) – 2015 to April 2017
- Dr Lucy Jackson, King’s College London (@LucyCMJackson) – 2015 to April 2018
- Dr Rosa Andujar, King’s College London – 2015 to April 2019
- Dr Amy Russell, University of Durham – 2015 to April 2019 (co-chair from April 2017)
- Dr Victoria Leonard, University of Cardiff (@tigerlilyrocks) – 2016 to April 2020
- Dr Lisa Eberle, University of Oxford – 2016 to April 2020
- Dr Carol Atack, University of Oxford/University of Warwick (Treasurer) (@carolatack)
- Dr Liz Gloyn, Royal Holloway University of London (Administrator) (@lizgloyn)
The incoming steering committee members for April 2017 to April 2021 are Claire Millington (co-chair elect) and Susan Deacy.
The WCC also has a number of liaison officers for different groups. All of us would welcome your input, including questions, concerns, ideas and any other thoughts. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- Dr Emma Bridges, Open University (Part-time and alt-ac liaison) (@emmabridges)
- Dr Efrossini Spentzou, Royal Holloway University of London (Part-time and alt-ac liaison)
- Chloe Hixson, University College London (Disability liaison, post-grads)
- Dr Susan Deacy, University of Roehampton (Disability liaison, staff and post-PhD)
- Dr Irene Salvo, University of Göttingen (LBGTQI liaison) (@IreneSlv)
- Mai Musié, University of Oxford (Ethnic minorities liaison) (@OxfordClassics)
- Dr Jane Draycott, University of Glasgow (ECR liaison) (@JLDraycott)
- Dr Katherine McDonald, University of Exeter (ECR liaison and website) (@Katherine_McDon)
- Rhiannon Easterbrook, University of Bristol (Graduate liaison) (@RigantonaE)
- Joanna Johnson, Head of Classics, Solihull School (Schools liaison)
- Prof. Amy Smith, University of Reading (Email list and website)
- Dr. Virginia Campbell, University of Oxford (Elections officer) (@campbell798)
Joining the Steering Committee
Two new members are elected to the steering committee each year. The Elections officer seeks nominations for candidates from the membership in October and November; self-nominations are welcome. Voting opens in December and closes in February. The two candidates with the most votes are elected; the single candidate with the most votes will be elected co-chair. New steering committee members take up their positions formally at the April AGM each year and serve a term of four years. Steering committee members may serve two consecutive terms, but then must wait four years before standing again.
Liaisons volunteer to take up their positions, and serve a renewable two year term.
The Administrator and Treasurer serve five year renewable terms; they are nominated by the steering committee and voted for at the AGM.